In the Fall of 2014, Riverside Foundation expanded our residential services by planning small group home development in surrounding communities. Group homes let residents live independently with assistance in a supportive, cooperative environment and provide neighborhood living and a sense of community. We plan to continue to expand the number of group homes in our program to enable more interested residents the opportunity to move to a small group home.
Every person who lives in our community homes will receive the following services and support:
- Self-advocacy skills development
- Individual service planning adhering to the principles of person-centered planning
- The opportunity to maximize involvement in the community, including participation in religious services, community-based recreation programs, entertainment and shopping, government resources and more
- Vocational planning ranging from developmental training to individual employment
- Medical, psychiatric and counseling services to maintain good health and well-being and develop coping skills
Looking to help out with a good cause?
"Over time, I have seen tremendous positive development in the organization. Perhaps the most exciting example is the move for some toward more independent living in the community homes operated under the secure umbrella of Riverside."− Prudence Hallarman, Vice President Board of Directors and Women’s Board Member
Riverside Foundation relies on your donations to provide updated and enhanced equipment as well as innovative programming for our residents. Your generosity is guaranteed to have profound impact on someone’s life. You can make a difference!